Monday, November 23, 2009

The Phone Call


Few days back, I received a call from an unknown number; let me call him Mr. Z for the time being. He called several times till the time I picked up his call, and then he claimed that my phone number is same as your phone number.

Me: What..!! That’s not possible.

Z: Madam, but your number is same as my number at home (some family member’s no.)

M: It aint possible and please don’t call me again.
Bang.

But the calls kept on coming, but I was busy in something or the other that I couldn’t receive the calls and so I thought now it’s the end, Z wont call again, but some people are unpredictable..!

This time I received his call, thinking of giving him a solid scolding.

Z: Arre Madam, my son-in-law had also given a ring to my number at home and you got it.
(Background Story: I had received another call from an unknown number x-( Damn..!!)

Z: Your number is same as my number Madam.

Me: OK. Do one thing; give me a ring from that number which you say is same as mine.

Z: Ok madam.

Later in the evening…
Tring …tring…

Z: Madam, dekha na aapka hi number hai na .!! ( Did u see its your number only!)
Yet again, this was some other number and NOT mine and he was still claiming that this is mine.!! Whoaaaaaaa..!!

Me: No, it’s a different number, now please stop bothering me and if u still have issues with you not getting your calls on this number, post a complaint in Idea office.

Z: OK madam I will do that, but if you say this is not your number, then what is your number? I need to tell in the Idea office.

Me: Grrrrrrr…you are dialing my number, how come you don’t know it, and if you don’t , then I’m sorry I’m not giving it and if you cant complain, then I will.

Z: Ok if you want to complain, I dint say anything to you, but Ok you complain.

Then I just thought that the calls are being diverted to my number and I tried calling on that number (which was claimed to be same as mine) and it said call Diverted ! Bingo..!
Then I instantly called up Mr.Z and told him your calls are being diverted to my number please cancel it.

Z: Madam mujhe phone operate karna itna nahi aata hai.

Me: Hmph.! Ok, anyone else in your family knows?

Z: Yes, my daughter knows a little, please wait.

Daughter (D): Hallo. Kya karna hai?

Me: Go to Settings-> Call-> Call Divert->All Calls-> Cancel.
She was still not able to find the “Settings” in her phone and was took a long pause.
Me: Can u see the nut-bolt waala icon?

D: Hmm….(still trying to figure it out)

Me: Ok do one thing, get a pen and a paper and note down the steps.
And once again: Go to Settings-> Call-> Call Divert->All Calls-> Cancel.
And then I confirmed with her, u got it? Right?

D: Yeah yeah. Its “SAY-Ting” and “cancel”

Me: Ok, whatever, just get it done.

I still keep on getting calls from unknown numbers but I never receive and I don’t know who and how “MY” number was in their call divert list..!!
People get something better to do..!!

6 comments:

2ND INNINGS -- said...

Anu,

That was one of the annoying thing that started but yeah finished with a happy ending...everyone was happy like our bollywood movies :-)...the daughter learned how to operate the cell phone in a very interactive way[ All thanks to Anu]...you got rid of the phone call...someone said money has no memory but the events in your life has..I do believe it completely you will keep this incident in your memories and will talk to you grandchildren’s about it :-)..

Enough talking :-)

The bottom line is we should try to find the reasons behind such activates and some logical thinking will always keep us away from trouble


-Arun

Leo Princess said...

Well,yeah today till now(thankfully) i haven't received any calls..and i hope i don't..in future as well..!
And about the Daughter, i doubt she learnt anything ;) :P

Unknown said...

its sucks wen sum one diverts der call to ur num....
but gud exp
u taught dem how to use a cellphone...
u r a gud teacher ....:)

Unknown said...

wat a story..irritating and frustating , at first when the guy asked for ur no. and u said no..mujhe kuch aur hi lag ne laga..[sorry] :P:P..but wierd story..seriously!

Leo Princess said...

Well it was more annoying when i was in some class or was Driving..and then this number buzzing..!
Newayz...allz well that ends well. :)

Animesh Raj said...

this was strange...i mean someone had to put your number in the person's call divert list..or may be it was some fault on the mobile operator's part...