Monday, November 23, 2009

Strangled- Now with Ruby

Chapter-2

Thinking of the little time that I had with me, nervousness pinching me from inside, I wanted to think of something else, at least to keep me distracted and breathing, so I started moving my eyes at the things around me, a bird sitting in her nest was watching me and around her laid three Eggs, yellowish and big, also I could see watermelon near the pond, butterflies were fluttering amidst the air, I felt they were mocking at me. Oh how much I missed flying now! I closed my eyes, started praying to god, to save me from dying and promised I’ll be a good Bee. I heard; “that’s a little difficult”.

I was smiling because God was speaking to me, but then I felt I shouldn’t smile, I have no reason to be happy and suddenly I opened my eyes and saw a fire-fly staring at me and said, “You are on Argiope’s web, he’s a gigantic spider, has got four eyes and eight legs, so it’s a little difficult that some one can really save you.”



Then I realized that it was the fire-fly who spoke to me and not God, though what should really make me sad at this point of time should be that I was going to be a food for someone, oh he had a name, Argiope, why did she had to tell me Mr. Spider’s details, wasn’t I looking scared enough! I asked” What should I do?” She moved her brows up and said, “Just don’t move, Argiope is a genius in sensing vibrations on his well-meshed web

I was thinking, should I be thankful to her for sharing the genius’s exquisite details or should I be grumpy at her for scaring me more and more. I just gulped and kept mum. She asked, “Do you want me to go and call someone, from your home or so? You want to have a word with them?” I was plainly looking at her, was she here to help me, did she mean ‘last words’? Or she wanted to make me feel terribly small? Somehow, I managed to say” No, thank you. I don’t want anyone at home to know about me in such situation”.

She said” But they might be worried for you” I dint wish to prolong this
conversation, so I asked, “You dint tell me your name.”

She cracked a little smile, looking at my curiosity to know her and giving her more words to blabber. She said: “Ruby, that’s because of my color at night, I glitter you know.” Oh well, so I had a company here, who could speak as long as I wished (does that matter), who was slightly able to distract and retract me, supplying me with knowledge of my predator.

2 comments:

Dhiren said...

... waiting for chapter three !!

herdayal said...

wired !!!